[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jan 4 13:07:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:11:57 -0600
"Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another small nit I have is with the "or any later version" clause
> in the Geany license - somehow the idea of agreeing to enter into
> a contract that hasn't been written yet doesn't seem to me like a
> very wise thing to do. What if GPL-v4 says: "the author agrees to pay
> all users of this software $1000 USD per bug report" , well, I don't
> think I want to give users the option of choosing THAT version :-)

Of course this would be up to Enrico, but if you wanted to distribute
the Lua plugin code with Geany, it is possible to license it
differently from Geany. This is already the case with the Scintilla
library, which has it's own license (we added a note about this in the
README and manual).

Regards,
Nick