[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jan 4 13:00:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:28:31 -0500
"John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm. To sidestep issues about licensing and also maintainability, *and*
> to keep the Geany core small, it would seem to me that Geany would
> benefit from having a plug-in manager that could download and install
> plug-ins.

I don't think that fits in the core of Geany, and it would be a lot of
work. One major show stopper would be that on Linux you can't just
install a binary plugin (or at least not with a lot of expertise) that
will work across different distributions, versions of glibc, etc.

Regards,
Nick