[Geany] Geany 0.13 and Geanylua 0.6.1 doesn't work running XP!

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 12 15:04:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:20:25 +0100, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Jeff.
>
> > > That symbol was just added to the library since 0.6.0, so I am
> > > guessing that maybe you have an older version of the plugin
> > > installed somewhere, and it is getting mixed-up and trying to
> > > load the wrong one.
> >
> > There shouldn't be a old DLL on the system, but I'll check this today..
>
> I've checked it. There is only one DLL installed. Geany recognize it as 0.6.1 and the path where it was found is correct. So what
> happens?

Btw, when installing GeanyLua 0.6.1 I get the same error.
I've attached the full relevant console output.
Not sure at the moment, but maybe something is wrong in the MKPATH
macro which creates the filename for the libgeanylua.dll. Maybe it
creates the wrong path under certain circumstances. Jeff, could you
build a DLL with more debug output, e.g. the created paths? I would do
it on myself but I don't have the time to setup a build environment on
Windows for this, sorry.

The Lua library itself is linked into the libgeanylua.dll? Or
does we have to install the Lua libs on Windows separately?