[Geany] New Release: Geany 0.13

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 5 14:19:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Geany 0.13 is available!

For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.12, please see
http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and
complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the
source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.

Some of the highlights:
- Project session file support
- File Browser sidebar plugin, VCdiff plugin and Autosave plugin
- Plugin Manager dialog to enable/disable plugins
- Configurable keybindings for Cut, Copy and Paste
- (almost) full build support on Windows
- native GTK printing support on Unix-like systems and Windows
- and of course many bug fixes and improvements
- New translations: Japanese, Ukrainian and Greek, many updated
translations

Note for all users of older Versions of Geany:
We changed the format how session files are stored, so when you start
Geany 0.13 for the first time, your old session won't be loaded.

Notes for Windows users:
- Native GTK printing support is only available when you Geany build
from source on Windows with a recent GTK version(>= 2.10) or if you use
the full installer(see below).
- To be more compliant with Windows, we changed the location of Geany's
configuration directory to use %appdata%. Therefore, Geany will
startup with a fresh configuration. You can copy your old configs from
e.g.
C:\Documents and Settings/user/.geany
C:\Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/Geany
(or however the paths are called on your system)

We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
Thank you!

All downloads can be found as usual on
http://geany.uvena.de/
http://files.uvena.de/geany/ or
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153444

Please note the full installer for Windows (geany-0.13_setup.exe) can
only be used on Windows 2000 or newer. Windows 98 users should use the
small installer or the zip file together with a GTK 2.6 runtime
environment (available on http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html).

Happy coding,