[Geany] Dark Theme for Geany

ECC Admin admin at xxxxx
Wed Dec 3 19:18:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

> Looks really good. I don't like those bright themes too, so this would be
> a good solution. Could you please post which GTK/Metacity themes and
> fonts you are using for your screenshots?
>
> Thanks.

The GTK theme is called Mira :
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Mira?content=89831

The fonts are Droid Sans Mono :
http://damieng.com/blog/2007/11/14/droid-font-family-courtesy-of-google-ascender

> But the dark scheme project already exists. I think this could be a
> good place for people who like dark schemes. It's everything already
> there but it seems people do like to avoid realising this project?
I used that one before starting my own theme, I'm planning to contact
them to see how we can put these two themes together.
> Of course we could change that but keep in mind that:
> a) our days are also limited to 24hours
> b) splitting all this causes more files to be installed, to read, to
> write, to maintain and such. More code to handle them.

Would it be useful if I write some sort of theme manager (independent of
Geany's source), which takes care of managing filetypes, so if one needs
to switch back and forth between different themes, could do it easily?
Though it's quite easy to copy and delete files to/from .geany , but
some sort of GUI to select themes might help users not aware of filetypes.

Cheers, Amir