[Geany] Problems when "no space left on device"

Milan Babuskov milan.babuskov at xxxxx
Sun Apr 27 17:43:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  It may be that one way to do it is :
>  >  * move "file" to "file~"
>  >  * save memory buffer to "file"
>  >  * remove "file~"
>
>  It seems that in some cases this would actually make
>  the situation worse, e.g.if there is just enough room
>  for 'file', but not enough for 'file' + '~file'.

If you have 'just enough room for file' Geany would warn you and you
would free some space. Having just enough space for one file is
usually not good anyway.

But, I don't know any sane developer that goesn't use some VCS these
days. So the most you can lose are the current edits.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org