[Geany] Question regarding project management

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Sun Oct 28 21:59:54 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:57:09 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
> wrote:
>> I might be totally wrong, but I thought with the preferences settings
>> already in place, it would be relatively easy to just copy the code
>> over to project settings and then overload the default settings with
>> the project ones once a user has chosen a project. I might be totally
>> wrong of course.
> It is not that difficult but why should we add things which nobody will
> use.

Of course you are right and I didn't want to suggest offering the whole
lot of settings in the project preferences. Also agreed, some of the
ones I suggested were quite bad choices...

Generally I think the useful ones would be those that really can change
between projects due to different coding style policies. Maybe:

- Indentation Type
- Tab Width
- Newline strip trainling spaces
- Default encoding
- Strip training spaces
- Replace tabs by spaces
- maybe make command

But I think I should stop now, I don't want to go down in this list's
history as an unproductive other-people-might-do-this contributor.

Bye
Tim