[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 19:57:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:58:51 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kib,
>
> I'm also using Ubuntu, and autocomplete is working ok for me (with one
> problem -- see below). It looks like the only difference between how
> you and I are using it is the language. I've got no idea how to get
> geany to use a different language -- I'm guessing there's a "use this
Basically, run it with
$ LANG=C geany
to get the English locale,
$ LANG=de geany
for the Germany locale and so on(use 2-letter country codes). But the C
library on the system have to support the language you choose. Don't
ask me about details on this, I'm not sure. But LANG=C should be
working in any case because it's the default fallback.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure this doesn't solve Kib's problem but as strange
as it is, who knows ;-).

> The problem I'm having (please let me know if this should be in a new
> thread) is that I'm trying to create an autocomplete construct for
> "{{". It looks like this::
>
>     [HTML]
>     {{={{ %cursor% }}
>
> but it fails (that is, it doesn't do anything when I hit Tab except
> insert some spaces, as if "{{" was not an autocomplete construct).
Yes. Reason: '{' doesn't belong the default wordchars which define the
characters a word may contain to be recognized.
I just added a new key "wordchars" to the section "Special" which lets
you define your own wordchars specially for auto completion. Check out
SVN r1960.
Uncomment the wordchars line and add '{' to the list of characters and
it should work.