[Geany] Do not allow Geany/VTE to override bash shortcuts

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 08:39:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:39:01 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:02:00 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to disable all Geany shortcuts while the VTE window has
>> focus?
> See the attached patch. It disabled all defined keybindings if the VTE
> is active. But this is only a dirty 1minute hack ;-).
> There are still some problems:
> - it only works for shortcuts which are not bound to a menu entry(e.g.
> you have Ctrl-r for "reload file" which has a menu item where ctrl-r
> is displayed, then it won't work)
> - with the patch, there is no way to get out of the VTE using the
> "switch to editor/search bar/scribble/..." keybindings
>
> To get it into Geany we need some smarter code, but for now the patch
> might help.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

I'm sorry, but I have to 'reopen' this issue...

Not only does copy/paste not work on the VTE, once I've opened 'nano' in
VTE, I can't exit it with CTRL-X, and thus I can't commit anything to
svn...

-H-