[Geany] New Plugin: SVNdiff - show a diff between working copy and svn

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Tue Oct 16 20:35:28 UTC 2007

Hi Frank

Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi tim, hi list,
>
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:41:19 +0200
> Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch> wrote:
>
>> I think it would be great to first save any unsaved changes before
>> doing the svn diff. Not that saving it myself beforehand is a big
>> issue, but compile/execute in geany does this and so the user
>> expierience is more consistent (which is an issue...).
>
> Should be changed with svn r1947. I thought it's better to don't save
> because of a possible lost of some changes. But you are 100% true and
> it were only a few lines of code missing to do it ;D

Thanks again, works for me. Sorry to bother you, but I found another
tiny little issue: If I have a file in a non-UTF-8 characterset
(iso-8859-1 for example), you set the resulting diff to utf-8, breaking
my Umlauts(äöü), as "svn diff" in this case will output the data in
iso-8859-1.

I haven't looked yet into the plugin interface, but maybe it's possible
to check for the charset of the current document and then set the
resulting diff to the same one.

But of course you are right if you think I should maybe start switching
my projects to UTF-8.....

Bye
Tim