[Geany] Improve project support

Michal Kurgan michal.kurgan at xxxxx
Fri May 25 15:23:35 UTC 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007 13:32:23 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > For make it's best to use "-C" switch with path supplied.
> > Example run command was about _cmake_ command not _make_. ;-)
>
> OK, I was referring to:
> make -C %p/.cmake <target>
>
> In your examples, I'm not sure what's wrong with using relative paths,
> e.g. just leave off the '%p/'.

Nothing. I can use relative paths. Problem is when i have additional
directories in src/. In that case ../.cmake would not work for them.

 project/
  .cmake/
  src/
   base/
    *.c files
   lib/
    *.c files
   *.c files

> OK, so the solution is to make the project make command work with cmake.
> I'm not familiar with cmake. Do you normally use make or cmake to build
> sources?

Yes.

> > > Sorry I didn't reply with this earlier.
> > >
> > > I will add run command %e and %f support, but really it needs some
> > > code refactoring, so maybe it will get done in the next week. So just
> > > use full paths for now.
>
> Just added this to SVN.

Thanks.

> > Maybe whole thing is a bit unclear now so i will summarize this
> > request.
> >  * add support for %p variable in project run dialog
>
> But the run command always has %p as it's working directory. Surely all
> tools (and make -C) support relative paths?

Yes. My problem is that i usually use more subdirectories for sources. In
that case relative paths have problems.

As for now project run command works good for me. I have only problems with
other ones and cmake out of the source build system.

> >  * add project Run and Compile commands that would override these
> >    global commands and support %p variable.
>
> You mean project Compile and Build commands? Perhaps, but first I want
> to get the project Make commands working for non-recursive makefile
> layouts.

Good thing for me too as cmake uses that. :-)

--
Michal Kurgan