[Geany] before Geany...

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Wed Mar 14 06:57:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:31 -0400, John Gabriele wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:04:44 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I'm interested in, what editor/IDE did you (all, not only John) use
> > before you got know of Geany?
>
> NEdit.

Waaaaay back in my Windows-using days, it was Dev-C++.
In my early Linux-using days - OpenLDev, but that just has too many
dependencies, and (imo) it isn't as well designed (or as robust) as
Geany.

I thought nothing would come along that would be better than
Dev-C++, but imo Geany now wins "hands down". I love the ability to have
big buttons - I use that all the time. Just good clean simple design...
wonderful!