[Geany] Opening browser

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jul 17 18:38:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:03:09 -0400, Lee Underwood <leeu at cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> This might sound like a very basic question but I just started using
> Geany. When you are editing a page (HTML or PHP), what do you do to
> get it to display in a browser so you can see the results?
generally pressing F5 should start your browser pointing to the current
HTML file. Instead of pressing F5 you can also use the file menu
Build->Execute or the Execute icon in the toolbar.

If it doesn't work open the preferences dialog and the browser setting
in the Tools tab.

The above should work with any HTML file.

PHP files can also be executed but by default it is assumed to execute
them directly with the PHP command line interpreter. To open them in a
web browser with a specific URL (file:// isn't suitable in most cases)
you have to edit the filetype definition file for the PHP filetype.
For details of finding and editing this file please read [1].
There is an example at the end of the file which demonstrates how to
use a local webserver for parsing PHP files. I hope this helps a bit.