[Geany] feature request: scroll to center

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 17 15:16:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

Often I'm typing along, and the cursor is at or near the bottom of the
editor window, but I'd like to see a bit more what is on the lines
below. It would be useful if there were a command available to scroll
the window vertically, such that the line the cursor is on would be
scrolled to the center of the window. The cursor would not change what
line or column it's on, only the window would scroll by some amount to
put the current line in the middle (unless the document is too short
-- then it would just scroll up or down as far as possible).

Emacs uses Ctrl-L for this. If I were looking for a key to map this
command to, I'd probably choose Shift-Ctrl-L (which fits nicely with
Ctrl-L, IMO).

I see that I can repeatedly tap on Ctrl-Up/Down, and those keys are
useful, but they're tedious when I just want the current line
approximately centered on the screen.

---John