[Geany] Load files from last session

Rowan Lewis rowan at xxxxx
Wed Nov 8 05:08:44 UTC 2006

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 05/11/06 00:31:58, Rowan Lewis wrote:
>> Right! 30 seconds after posting the last bug, I noticed this: When
>> "Load files from the last session" is enabled, and you close geany
>> then open it again, the files from the last session are not open.
> First of all Geany only loads the last session for the first instance
> of Geany, because for more than one instance there is usually no need
> to have the same files open in each instance.
>
> IME, the session loading works fine, except if one file is unsaved
> when quitting and Cancel is chosen; then some files may have been
> closed and only the remaining open files will be loaded at next
> startup. I guess this could be improved to check modifications for all
> files before closing all at once.
>
> I'm guessing it's one of these things that you experienced - so can
> you give more information to reproduce this - e.g. what you did from
> starting just one instance of Geany until closing it.
>
> Regards,
> Nick
Ok, this is a pretty clear bug, what I did:

1. Opened geany (the first instance).
2. Opened a file and edited it, saved.
3. Closed geany and opened it again.

The file/files I'd previously been working on where not re-opened. I
also looked at the output in the console, only a few notices:

rowan at pixelcarnage:~$ geany
geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
** INFO:
/home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
: Ferite (UTF-8)
** INFO:
/home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
: Ferite (UTF-8)
** INFO: Quitting...
rowan at pixelcarnage:~$
geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
** INFO: Quitting...
rowan at pixelcarnage:~$

Thanks,