[Geany] autocompletion customization, declaration lists

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon May 1 14:35:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 16:20:30 +0200, Pierre <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
Hi,

> I did not find a way to change the coding standard for the
> auto-completion. For example, the PHP coding standard (the internal C
> one, not PHP scripts) defines that the the brackets for if as:
>
> if (expresssion) {
> /* ... */
> }
>
> Is there a way to change the auto-completion mode?
no, not at the moment. Perhaps it will be possible in the near future
(it's written to the TODO list ;-))

> My second question is about the declaration list on the left. We use
> macro to declare userland function in php extensions:
>
> PHP_FUNCTION(input_get_args)
>
> They end as a serie of PHP_FUNCTION in the list, will it be acceptable
> to display the whole line when no "standard" declaration are met (like
> int foo(int i) {})? I'm not sure if it is even possible, only asking
> before digging in the code :)
Not really. To do so, you should have a look into tagmanager/php.c. But
I think, this is a very special case.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de