[Geany] Problem with scintilla license

Damián Viano geany at xxxxx
Sat Jun 24 19:06:21 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from Joerg Jaspert <ftpmaster at debian.org> -----
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:43:38 -0300
From: Joerg Jaspert <ftpmaster at debian.org>
To: Damián Viano <debian at damianv.com.ar>
Subject: geany_0.7-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi Maintainer,

rejected, due to copyright problems.
This packages source includes scintilla, but removed that codes license.txt, which
is a violation of the scintilla license. It is ok to copy code, if one follows the
attached license...

For you that means: Get upstream to fix its package, and then you need to list all
different licenses in debian/copyright. After both is done you can reupload.
Until then it is not distributable, not even for upstream...

--
bye Joerg

----- End forwarded message -----

	The license is in http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/License.txt and I
think it should be distributed along with geany, as Joerg points out.

	I hope you can include it in the next release, maybe a 0.7.1 ? until
0.8 is ready? If this is an option, we may also include some more
translations (at least spanish was introduced after 0.7, by me).

		Damián Viano(Des).

P.S.: For those not familiar with debian procedures the forwarded mail
is a reject to include geany in debian for the stated reasons, of course
I'll re-upload once this problems get worked out.