[Geany-i18n] Update of Dutch translation and some remarks

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Apr 30 22:50:37 UTC 2014

Le 01/05/2014 00:40, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> [...]
>
>> 3) To increase clarity I would suggest to use the verb "Create"
>> instead of "Open" or "Start" in the following strings:
>
>> #: ../data/geany.glade.h:226
>> msgid "Open new documents from the command-line"
>> My suggestion: "Create new documents from the command-line"
>>
>> #: ../data/geany.glade.h:227
>> msgid "Start a new file for each command-line filename that doesn't
>> exist"
>> My suggestion: "Create a new file for each command-line filename that
>> doesn't exist"
>
> I only applied the second suggestion as the first looks fine to me.

The reason I don't quite like "Create", is that we do not create any
file.  "Create document" also sounds weird to my ear, but at least it's
not strictly wrong.

Anyway, I'd still use "Open" on both:

msgid "Open new documents from the command-line"
msgid "Open a new document for each command-line filename that doesn't
exist"

Or alike.

> [...]
>
> However, huge thanks for you findings. Really glad to have some good
> eyes aboard ;)

Indeed, good job finding those, thanks alot!

Cheers,
Colomban