[Geany-i18n] plugins translation issues

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Feb 26 00:46:00 UTC 2013

On 13-02-25 07:19 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 25/02/2013 08:43, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>> On 13-02-24 03:08 PM, cmasa wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please check them:
>>>
>>> 1) Waf script cannot copy scope.glade into geany plugins data directory,
>>> but old method ( ./autogen.sh + make + make install ) does it.
>>> 2) Markdown plugin configure page does not use localized strings.
>>
>> I used _() macro around the strings[1] in Markdown config GUI, is there
>> more I need to do to make it work?
>
> Yes, you also need to have GETTEXT_PACKAGE defined *before* the
> glib-i18n header is included, otherwise it defines _(s) as a no-op.  So
> basically, remember to include config.h before everything in the files
> containing translations.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Should the include be guarded with
HAVE_CONFIG_H or is it pretty safe since we know (at least on
Autotools/*nix) that it will be available?

> Also as Frank pointed out, you didn't use the appropriate macro to have
> basic info translated in the plugin manager.

I misread the docs on this, I thought it was only needed for plugins not
in Geany-Plugins project, but rather it says it's not needed for plugins
shipped with Geany core.

Thanks all for pointing out (and fixing) the problem :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush