[Geany-i18n] ANN: String freeze for Geany 0.19

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 30 17:20:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:29:56 +1000, Lex wrote:

> 2010/5/30 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> > On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:09:22 +0800, Xhacker wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm attaching the Simplified Chinese translation file.
> >> And there are some small problems, see the attached screenshot,
> >> some string seems not translated.
> >
> > The Next/Previous Error strings should be localised now. The other
> > strings are basically localised but seem to be overwritten later.
> >
> > In detail, probably only useful information for Lex:
> > in the ASSIGNIF() macro, the "string" variable is properly localised
> > but for some reason once Geany is started, the menu shows the
> > English string. Maybe because it is read afterwards from the config?
> > If so, I guess this is ok because these are user-configurable
> > strings.
>
> Thats right, it actually reads localised strings from the config file
> if they are present, but as we discussed previously there isn't a
> simple method of getting the translations back into the file other
> than the ugly hack I proposed :-( (or manually of course)

Thanks for confirmation. So this is not a problem. I don't consider
user-configurable strings necessary to be localised (while it isn't
possible at all for anything else than the defauls).