[Geany-Devel] Future of THANKS/contributors list inside help dialog

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Mar 9 23:58:48 UTC 2017

> I think these actually are po updates mostly - even though you commit them,
> git shows the author of the patch, not the committer and there definitely
> weren't Geany code patches merged from 42 different people last year.

Translators ARE contributors, if anybody is listed they should be too.

This is one of my BIG objections to some projects, you are only
considered worthwhile if you contribute to code.  Documentation,
translation, testing, those who submit bug reports that we then fix,
even those who submit feature suggestions that get implemented by
others, packagers, all of those are worthwhile contributors to
improving Geany, but not all of them will show up in git. Projects
that ignore those people just look like unappreciative gits (pun
intended).  [end rant]

Certainly using a single source of all the thank yous is an
improvement, but who is going to go back and find all the contributors
from the past?

Regards
Lex