[Geany-Devel] [FT-plugins] Proposed "Features"

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Wed Aug 31 14:52:14 UTC 2016

Am 31.08.2016 um 15:31 schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> I love Lex's ADL example, C++ can seem just crazy :)
> Crazy like a Fox, makes the compiler near impossible, but makes lots
> of stuff "just work" :)
>
> So a much simpler example then (using C syntax to explain since we all
> know it, but could be any language):
>
> int a;
> {
>      first_piece_of_code_using_a...
>      float a;
>      second_piece_of_code_using_a ....
> }
>
> For C/C++ the first piece of code will see `a` as an int and the
> second piece of code will see `a` as a float, but there are languages
> (Julia for one) where both pieces of code will see `a` as a float.
> Again you need language specific knowledge to lookup `a` in the first
> piece of code.

I think we all agree that help of language-specific plugins is
desired/required. No need to restate "we need language specific support"
all the time.

We just disagree on how the language-specific knowledge is transported
to Geany, other plugins and the user.

Best regards.