[Geany-Devel] [FT-plugins] Proposed Design

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Aug 29 01:09:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-28 05:47 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> [...]
>
> To give an idea, the registration function called by plugins might look
> something like this:
>
>     gboolean ftplugin_register_provider(GeanyPlugin*,
>         GeanyFiletypeID, GeanyFiletypeFeature, GCallback, gpointer);
>
> [...]

I forgot to mention, it may turn out that in order to provide a feature,
there may be a need for multiple callbacks (ex. activate, deactivate,
init_styles, prepare_list, whatever). If this ends up being the case, we
would need to either pass a table of callbacks here or perhaps a GObject
implementing a particular interface or whatever.