[Geany-Devel] [FT-plugins] Vala for prototyping

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Aug 28 08:51:37 UTC 2016

Am 28. August 2016 01:09:36 MESZ, schrieb Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca>:
>Hi All,
>
>With respect to the efforts described in PR #1195[0] is anyone opposed
>to using Vala as a GObject code generator?
>
>I propose we use Vala as a way to generate GObject boilerplate while we
>
>hammer out the design of FT-plugins, and later once the design is more
>concrete, that we port the GObjects generated by valac to their
>hand-written C equivalents (after they won't be changed as much).

Do you suggest to use it only initially, and then continue working on the C code? In that case the vala code doesn't need to be checked in does it?

The classbuilder plugin (shipped with geany) can also generate the boilerplate, bit much prettier with less noise.

If you suggest to continue working on the vala code that's ok with me but not everyone is fluent with vala.

Best regards