[Geany-Devel] PairTagHighlighter / Not auto clear previous highlight when click other tag

Volodymyr Kononenko vmkononenko at xxxxx
Mon Mar 9 13:48:12 UTC 2015

Lex,

Thank for exhaustive answer!
A search with git bisect has shown, that the bug was introduced with
updating Scintilla to 3.3.2:

kvm at dell-e6220 /mnt/doc/devel/geany/geany $ git bisect good
f5588043b7e6bbd9dff5ac37eb37b00a503d192a is the first bad commit
commit f5588043b7e6bbd9dff5ac37eb37b00a503d192a
Author: Colomban Wendling <ban at herbesfolles.org>
Date:   Wed May 22 03:23:57 2013 +0200

    Update Scintilla to version 3.3.2

Similar issue <http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/bugs/1604/> I've found on
Scintilla bug tracker was fixed only for win32 - here is the patch
<http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/23f89aef53c7ab73bdd45ae1302b97698682e3cd>
.
I tried to detect the first Scintilla commit, which introduced the issue,
but I see that merging Scintilla to Geany sources is non-trivial. Build
failed after the first attempt.

Folks, what do you think about it? Is it enough information that it is
Scintilla issue and we need to report it or something was not taken into
account during upgrading to 3.3.2?

Best regards,
Volodymyr Kononenko
http://kononenko.ws