[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 13:50:28 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 14:48 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On 14/06/15 14:21, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Why do you say self-compiled GTK? It is readily packaged for msys, I
>> think we should be able to use that.
> Oops, scratch the self-compiled. But we still need to create a
> distributable GTK runtime environment. This is probably doable from the
> installed GTK package, I guess.
>

> Regards,
> Enrico

I'm experimenting at this moment. The gtk/glib/etc package files can be
found under /var/cache/pacman/pkg/$pkg-$ver.tar.xz. They can be
extracted with tar to a working directory. But what to do afterwards?
The wiki says to move the files under $geanydir/gtk, but how is the
installer file created? The nsis gui is giving me an error:

Error in macro MUI_PAGEDECLARATION_LICENSE on macroline 17
Error in macro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE on macroline 6
Error in script "C:\msys64\home\kugel\geany.git\geany.nsi" on line 87

(geany.nsi:87 reads "!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE
"${RESOURCEDIR}\Copying.txt")

The wiki mentions release.py which I cannot find in geany git.

Best regards