[Geany-Devel] Problems with building/Scintilla on Windows

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Jan 17 12:28:13 UTC 2015

On 15/01/2015 19:19, Matthew Brush wrote:
> Related to lib iberty:
>
> https://github.com/geany/geany/commit/1dc09597b24d19683abc597d45d7c28d37c199f0

OK, so probably I can remove it from makefile.win32.

>> Anyway, I gave up trying to fix the makefiles and tried Waf. It seemed
>> to work, but now when using Geany autocompletion shows an empty list. It
>> keeps doing this for a while on typing, then later I start typing again
>> and Geany freezes - this is not a hang, task manager doesn't show Geany
>> using CPU. I have to kill it. This is weird, and annoying because I
>> don't know how to get a backtrace (Ctrl-Z doesn't seem to work on my
>> Windows gdb, and anyway the process seems stuck rather than looping). I
>> suspect a fault with Scintilla, but it could be unrelated.
>>

> Maybe it's a bug in GTK+? Which version are you using? It might be
> worthwhile to test with some different version of the bundle just to see.

Maybe, I haven't updated it in ages (GTK 2.22.0, GLib 2.26.0), it still
works for Geany master a month or two ago. But maybe some recent code
triggered a bug in it, perhaps the Scintilla 1.52 update. Next week I
will try and bisect the commit that did it, and perhaps try updating GTK
too.

Is anyone using a recent build of Geany master on Windows (with working
autocompletion)?