[Geany-Devel] Plugins Quality Check

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Feb 21 02:16:54 UTC 2014

[...]

Well, the same as for code written by humans, the C compiler warning
is telling us something *might* be wrong with the code.  The Vala
compiler may have bugs, so such things need checking the same as
manual code, to avoid possible UB.  If, as in these cases, it seems to
be ok, then its just noise, but unless you check you don't know.

> IMO, we should just disable warnings on Vala's generated code altogether and
> rely only on the Vala warnings. Anything else is a Vala bug and not our
> problem. I would've done this long ago but I'm not sure how to
> properly/portably disable warnings for a particular target in Autotools.

Whilst I don't agree totally (see above), thats probably better, but I
dunno how to do it either, Autotools experts please assist.

[...]
> The GTK2 Vala binding is deprecated, same as the GTK2 C API/library. There
> is a compiler flag for Valac to make it disable the deprecation warnings, if
> that is desirable.

Probably, its just meaningless noise.