[Geany-Devel] Improving FiF

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Oct 12 10:16:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:18:50 +0200
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:

> > And it also blocks editing the patterns. The most common starting point
> > for specifying custom patterns does not work.
>
> It does, although a bit awkward: Choose project first, then custom. The
> project patterns remain and become editable.

I didn't realize that, my mistake. Click-move-click to fill the
patterns and another click-move-click to edit them seems to be
longer than my mental prediction buffer... :)

> I dont feel strong about FiF, so do whatever you feel right. However I
> find the current combo box not that bad. The Project option is useful to
> automatically fill apply the project patterns. I do like your proposal
> of a "Paste project patterns" as well, but I fear that I need to press
> that repeatedly while now I can select project once and forget about it
> (even across restarts).

Valid point, too. Geany doesn't save the current Files value, so after
restart, we can't compare it against the Project patterns when
switching to another project.

--
E-gards: Jimmy