[Geany-Devel] Ping on Bug #943 - windows build command

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Oct 5 13:52:20 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013 18:00, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> In the meantime, there are 3 spawning variants: I'm confident that the
> custom process spawning code is definitely seriously buggy. I really do
> need the system() code. I tried, but couldn't fix it. I know that last
> time I tried it, the g_spawn didn't capture enough output. At least one
> user - the one that contributed it - also had problems with g_spawn
> capturing, and wrote the custom process spawning.
>
> I suggest picking whichever one you and others think is best as the
> default, but have a hidden pref to enable at least the system() version.
> If you don't want to do that, I'll try to find some time, but I'm not
> sure when yet.

https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/174

Also, sorry I didn't realize the quoting bugs were due to my system()
change. Thanks Matt for sending me a private mail about it, and
convincing me it needed resolving.