[Geany-Devel] Idea: use function keys as modifiers?

Thrawn shell_layer-geany at xxxxx
Wed May 29 23:10:21 UTC 2013

OK, mixed results!

I was able to use xmodmap to make F2 generate Meta or Hyper keys. However, when I used Meta in Geany, it was interpreted as Alt, and Hyper was interpreted as Alt + Super.

On the bright side of things, seeing that made me realise that I can modify the Super key with Ctrl, Shift, Alt, or a combination of them. It's something, at least. By my calculations, even if we ignore using Super by itself (which is error-prone), there are still 13 possible combinations of Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Super, each of which can be used with the full keyboard. I'll see how I go.

Thanks for the feedback!