[Geany-Devel] codesubmit plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Feb 26 23:43:31 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 10:26, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 27.02.2013 00:08, schrieb Mayank Jha:
>
>> To all esteemed developers Frank Lanitz, Matthew Brush. Kindly review my
>> code which i have modified according to your suggestions.
>

> Shall we guess what your plugin does?
>
> Regarding the embedded python script. I don't think you actually need to
> write it out to a file, you should be able to pass it to the interpreter
> from memory (see [1]).

Plugins should not embed Python since it can only be done once, if two
plugins both do it it fails.  There have already been problems with
trying to use two plugins which both embed python.  On the basis that
the only likely solution is having a shared Python, nobody should
embed Python in their plugins until Geanypy is sorted.

> What's the status of the python plugin?

ping codebrainz :)