[Geany-Devel] GTK 2.16 build error in Markdown plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 2 17:27:21 UTC 2013

On 01/02/13 04:32, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-01-31 10:09 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> Hey Matthew,
>>
>> the Markdown plugin currently does not compile on GTK 2.16, more
>> specific with GLib < 2.26.
>> See http://nightly.geany.org/misc/build_gtk216_plugins_stderr.log for
>> details.
>>
>> One issue is that "uint" (conf.c:245) is not defined. I guess this is
>> just a typo and should be "guint". I just don't understand why this
>> works on other systems, like the nightly build environment for
>> ArchLinux. Anyway, changing it to "guint" is probably good enough.
>>

> Not sure exactly where it comes from, but I did mean "guint" :) Fixed.

Heh.

>> Though there is another issue:
>> g_object_class_install_properties is first available in GLib 2.26 (used
>> in conf.c:372). So maybe this plugin needs a higher GLib requirement.
>>

> I made a little wrapper function that uses that function on new versions
> and some alternate code if not. It should be OK now I think, although I
> don't have GLIB 2.26 to be 100% sure.

Ok, thanks.
I don't have a system with Glib 2.26, too. But at least indirect the
nightly builds, in particular the GTK 2.16 build test, helps to spot
those things (currently the build is still broken but this is a problem
in the build environment setup, will fix that later).