[Geany-Devel] Plugins sharing resources

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Apr 12 17:19:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 07:49:41 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:56:22 +0100
William Fraser <william.fraser at virgin.net> wrote:

[...]

Let me confirm. You haven't checked the total resource usage, because
you expect that a plugin will allocate a resource the first time it
needs it, and release the resource as soon as it doesn't need it any
more (as opposed to, say, reserving a resource based on the file
type). Thus it's reasonable to expect that per-sci allocation will
considerably the improve resource usage. Am I correct?..

--

For the record:

marker usage:
  scintilla:            25..31, folding
  geany highlighting:   0 (goto line), 1 (bookmark)
  debugger:             12..17
  numbered bookmarks:   dynamic #s, 10 markers
  scope:                17..19, configurable

maximum marker usage:   25 / 22 (debugger / scope)
geany/scintilla:        9
available to plugins:   23
used by plugins:        16 / 13 (70% or 55%)
fully available:        7 / 10
fastest resolution:     numberedbookmarks -> 2..11, scope -> 12..14

[debugger and scope will never be used together]

indicators:
  scintilla:   none (0..2 defined)
  geany:       0 (GEANY_INDICATOR_ERROR), 8 (GEANY_INDICATOR_SEARCH)
  spellcheck:  uses GEANY_INDICATOR_ERROR

Either I'm missing something big, or we'll never out of these.

Other resource types: havent't checked.

--
E-gards: Jimmy