[Geany-Devel] Proposal from the Mint distro

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Thu Nov 8 04:36:08 UTC 2012

I wrote in response to the original message:

> I have no problems with it and I'd be willing to help out with implementing the "simplified mode" since it's something I've been thinking about before.

It got the impression (especially from talking to Clem on IRC) that they
were not even considering doing anything for quite some time and were
not even 100% sure they wanted to use Geany. It sounded more like an
open idea that might be something to investigate some time down the road.

Like I said previously, I'll help out, but unless anyone *actually*
wants it, it's a waste of time to start wildly hacking away. Further we
need more information on *specifically* what is wanted before we even
know whether we want to do it as part of Geany or whether they should
fork/distro-patch it.

I'd mark it as a "Pending" feature request with NEEDINFO status :)