[Geany-devel] run command in terminal window

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Mar 8 17:16:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:01:08 +0000
Tim Mason <feedhandler at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of simple plugins that open an external console window
> (e.g. gnome-terminal or konsole) and run a command. Is there any way
> to make the command run in the Terminal window (VTE) instead?

No. Geany VTE support is compile-time and even run-time option.

However, you can open a new tab in the messages panel from a plugin,
and spawn your program in a vte terminal inside it. There would be 2
tabs with terminals, geany-s and yours; no conflicts between them.

Oh, and you don't have to g_module_open(vte), just link it. If I had
some time and support from the main developers, I would have removed the
runtime option.

--
E-gards: Jimmy