[Geany-devel] osx build problem

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at xxxxx
Tue Jul 17 18:24:08 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm crunching through various issues attempting to compile geany on
osx. I've been able to resolve a number of them, but glib is getting
me all
hot and bothered ... for what it's worth, I have xcode installed so
maybe I should be using something from the xcode toolkit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
----------------------------

sh-3.2# cd glib-2.28.8/
sh-3.2# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in .
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in m4macros
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in glib
make  all-recursive
Making all in libcharset
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in pcre
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in update-pcre
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in .
  CC     gconvert.lo
gconvert.c:65:2: error: #error GNU libiconv not in use but included
iconv.h is from libiconv
make[4]: *** [gconvert.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
sh-3.2#

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.