[Geany-devel] Third party plugin publish and third party library bundle problem

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jul 15 11:56:32 UTC 2012

On 15 July 2012 21:03, Hong Xu <dev at hong.me> wrote:
> On 07/15/2012 07:01 PM, Hong Xu wrote:
>>
>> On 07/15/2012 03:40 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:

>>> IIRc this was under discussion in past but was dismissed due to adding
>>> complexity and little overall understanding of this. However, I don't
>>> think cloning the repository is this much traffic. Also a goal was to
>>> have plugins and its patches being reviewed before entering master to
>>> enforce a minimum on quality. This also includes some
>>> fire-and-forget-plugins of some developers as you can see from
>>> MAINTAINERS files there are a lot of plugins out of maintenance.
>>>

>> Thanks. However, I have to make a pull request for any trivial changes
>> in this way. Do you think this is unnecessary?
>>
>> In you mind, is there any advantages for geany plugins in this repo
>> other than other places?
>

> Sorry, any *other* besides the quality enforcement?

Well, of course the geany-plugins is packaged for at least some
distros, in particular debian and ubuntu.  That will of course get
greater exposure, and maybe contributions, and also maybe bug reports
:)

BTW you mentioned a third party library, but you didn't say what
library.  It would of course have to have a suitable license to allow
it to be included.