[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Tue Jan 3 10:00:36 UTC 2012

Best whishes for all!!!

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 13:39, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 22:13, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Harold,
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 16:35, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
>>> Dear Geany Devs,
>>>
>>> I recently switched from GeanyPRJ to Gproject. Since Gproject doesn't
>>> support multiple open projects I have to switch between projects, but
>>> it takes up to 4 minutes to close one project and open another. A
>>> project consists of roughly 1000-2000 php-related files.
>>
>> How much of this time is spent by opening the project and how much by
>> closing?
>
> Opening Geany takes 4 minutes with 2 Drupal projects active. :(

To start 2012 I decided to update my Geany and Geany-plugins installs
to the latest dev, which caused my colorscheme[1] to display
distorted. (white background except for the active line)

Restarting Geany takes more than 8 minutes so troubleshooting with my
current configuration is quite the pain in the behind.

I'm going to give up on Gproject and either try GeanyPRJ again or
ditch project support altogether. This simply doesn't work.

Cheers!

Harold

[1] http://code.google.com/p/geany-dark-scheme/