[Geany-devel] Hi Guys

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Sep 27 23:20:52 UTC 2011

On 09/27/2011 09:09 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 27/09/2011 16:44, Jacques du Rand wrote:
>> Quick Question:
>> -I get a copy of source via svn compiles fine
>> -Builds fine
>> -Run it as<geany-svn-snapshot>src/geany -c ~/.config/geanydev

I've had this problem before several times.  It's most likely related to
you not having installed Geany but it thinks it's going to be installed
somewhere (/usr/local by default).  Here's what I would do:

Assuming you will install it into `~/geanydev`

$ cd /where/geany/source/is
$ ./configure --prefix=/home/your-username/geanydev
$ make
$ make install
$ ~/geanydev/bin/geany -c ~/.config/geanydev

You'll have to use the same prefix with any plugins you install, or you
can set the "Extra plugin path" in Preferences->General->Startup to
point to where you're plugins are.