[Geany-devel] GRegex - Re: editing big files can be too slow with tag reparsing

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 17:40:36 UTC 2011

On 17/10/2011 18:18, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> GRegex is more reliable besides being more powerful, based on PCRE. The
>> >  Windows version (at least) of GNU regex we had didn't understand Mac
>> >  line endings for ^, $.
> Hehe, even better:)   Now we should probably port all our regexes usage
> to GRegex -- and drop the included one when done, but there's no hurry.

Yes, I added a TODO to this effect ;-) I'm planning on porting the find
& replace regex code sometime, unless someone beats me to it. The
increased power for users should be nice.