[Geany-devel] Team Translation (was: Re: Geany is on Github)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Oct 7 22:32:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:23:32 +0200, Frank wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:28:04 -0700
>Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>
>>   - Translators (Pull/Push? or does it go through Frank?)
>>      - on both geany and plugins repositories?
>
>Its hard to say as the experience of translations providers differs
>much. Some of them never did use poedit or something before, others are
>real experinced experts on git/mercurial/svn etc. Personal I'd say for
>the start we should do it via pull requests from personal repos and see
>how it works.

Maybe this is the point to throw Transifex[1] into the discussion.
AFAIK it's a web-based translation platform which enables users with
less technical experience to easily translate software. Transifex can
commit changes to .po files back into GIT and so makes it even more
easy.

Xfce uses it since some time successfully now.

It would probably require some initial efforts but I could imagine it's
worth in the long-term by making the whole translation process faster,
easier and maybe even more continous.

[1] https://www.transifex.net/start/