[Geany-devel] Proposal: Project settings split

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Nov 2 19:56:39 UTC 2011

Am 02.11.2011 15:36, schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> I could bring up the Eclipse argument to say that worse is better. The
> more use cases Geany caters to, the more Eclipse-like it will be.

I don't think we're any way near that. I also don't think we should stop
improving (and making it possible to reasonably check-in project
settings into VCS is an improvement in my book) in the fear of getting
"Eclipse-like".

Having used eclipse, the worst part isn't its feature set. It's that
it's written in Java...which arguably enables implementing the feature
set in less time.

But let's not turn this into Eclipse-bashing thread :)

Best regards