[Geany-devel] Vala Keywords Update

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Mar 25 23:20:12 UTC 2011

On 03/25/11 08:42, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 25/03/2011 04:21, mbrush at codebrainz.ca a écrit :
>> There were some keywords that I didn't know about in the 'primary' value,
>> so I left them to be safe.
>
> Like which ones? Maybe we could simply get rid of them if they are wrong.

IIRC: constpointer, generic, callback

> A few comments:
>
> 1) I see that you split "errordomain" in "error" and "domain", is there
> a good reason for that? "errordomain" is a valid keyword (to declare a
> new error domain, e.g. a new error type), but AFAIC neither "error" nor
> "domain" are... are they?

No, you're right.  I think while editing I split the lines to make it
easier to edit, I must've put the cursor right between error and domain
and then hit enter.  Thanks for noticing.

> 2) You dropped "throws" from primary keywords, why?

I can only guess that while removing duplicates from my list and the
original list, I mistakenly read it as 'throw' instead of 'throws'.
Again, thanks for finding that.

> 3) I also added "sealed"

Cool.  I didn't know about that one.  FWIW, I checked what I knew
against this the page here, but I'm not sure if it's complete or
up-to-date (following Vala's tradition of terrible documentation):
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Syntax