[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Mar 17 01:17:41 UTC 2011

Hi Matthew,

Wow you've been busy, well done.  Seems to work for me.

> Enable Scintilla's default popup editor menu on the split window editor so
> that there's a way to copy/paste/undo/redo/etc.

Does this mean that editing now fully works between the two split windows?

> Closes bug #2983145[2] although the keybindings and main menu items still
> don't work in the split window.

Except for these of course.

> Remove the widget reparenting in an attempt to make the plugin work on
> Windows again.  Although I can't test on Windows, I think there's a good
> chance this will fix the issues and it seems to work fine on Linux as well.
>  I base this on an old GTK+ FAQ entry[3].
> If someone can confirm, it will close bug #2725342[4] and the plugin can be
> re-enabled on the Windows build.

> Fix confusing terminology in Split View menu, which has annoyed me for some
> time.
> Closes bug #3203384[5] and feature request #2796316[6]

Agree, originally the menu matched the underlying GPane but GPane
describes the *children* being *arranged* horizontal or vertical,
whereas the menu was describing the *parent* window being *split*
horizontally or vertically, the opposite thing.

> Stop unsplitting on document close unless there are no documents left open.
>  This patch just uses the first available document in the documents array
> instead of unsplitting when the document in the split window is closed.  I
> left a TODO comment in there, I'll fix it later unless someone else has the
> time.

[..]
> Bug #2984797[10] - this one has bit me numerous times.  I honestly don't
> know if I fixed with my patches or if someone else fixed it in a recent
> revision, but it seem to no longer be reproducible for me.

Can't reproduce on 0.20 Release version either.