[Geany-devel] Class Builder Plugin - UI Cleanup and Bug Fix

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 17:51:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:43:08 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> I fixed up the layout and alignment of widgets in the class builder
> plugin.  I also fixed a small bug which was causing an assertion warning.
>
> There's 3 patches:

> The UI cleanup using a GtkTable, for side-by-side before and after
> screenshots, see [1][2][3]
> [1] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/c++_before_after.png
> [2] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/gtk+_before_after.png
> [3] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/php_before_after.png

My comments:
Changing 'Foo Bar:' to 'Foo bar:' in labels is good.
Increasing horizontal separation between radio buttons - not sure, but
perhaps more usable.
Unaligning entry fields seems bad.
Removing filetype from dialog title (even though each dialog has
different fields) seems bad.
Increasing vertical separations seems bad (out of keeping with Geany
etc).

I didn't look at the code BTW, only the screenshots. Also, if there are
Gnome HIG reasons to support you, fair enough, but consistency with
Geany is probably most important.

Regards,
Nick