[Geany-devel] GObject, new plugin interface ....

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 18:39:43 UTC 2011

On 03/12/11 10:11, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> But before we can discuss about the positive/negativ points I just
> want to ask who likes to take over this task as a kind of lead
> engineer and project manager to be the lead here having in mind it will
> most likely not a 5-minute-task?

I would like to work on this, but I'm not sure I would define myself as
a lead engineer or project manager.  I have some pretty good ideas about
how the interface should look, having hacked with Colomban on the Vala
bindings and seeing the "problems"/limitations with the current
interface.  I've also done a fair bit of thinking on this while working
on GeanyPy.

If there was someone with lots of GObject experience that would be
willing to review my code on a regular basis, I'm willing to volunteer
my time and do most of the coding (or at least my share, depending who
else is interested in working on this).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)