[Geany-devel] Hello

Randy Kramer rhkramer at xxxxx
Wed Mar 9 12:35:27 UTC 2011

Nicolas,

Just to offer you an alternative, scintilla is an upstream project of
Geany--what I mean is, scintilla is the--well, microsoft would call it
the control, in Linux I guess you'd call it the editing widgit--it's
the main GUI (I think) that Geany uses for editing.

I'm trying to write a lexer / folder for scintilla for the family of
markup languages including TWiki, Foswiki, and askRhk (my own
variations on TWiki).   A lexer/folder is the thing that highlights
syntax and allows folding for a given language (like C, C++,
HTML, ...).

If such a lexer/folder is written for scintilla, it is a small effort
(and the "normal" thing to happen) to add it to Geany.

If you'd like to help with that effort, I could surely use the help. ;-)

If you want me to give you some example tasks and tell you about my
progress to date, let me know.

(My problem is that I am not a C/C++ programmer, thus things are coming
very slow.)

Randy Kramer