[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Tue Mar 8 22:11:41 UTC 2011

On 03/08/11 10:58, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> As I'm currently reworking the system to create the nightly builds, we
> could integrate such checks into the nightly builds, maybe run cppcheck
> on the sources after the builds and present the results somewhere on
> nightly.geany.org.
A couple ideas:

1) Parse cppcheck XML output with Python[1] (or whatever) and remove any
failing plugins from the main Makefile.am listed in the 'plugins'
variable so they don't build.

2) Use the HTML report[1] script (uses awesome Pygments) for displaying
results as you mentioned.

They have already written most of the code for both ideas.

[1]
https://github.com/danmar/cppcheck/blob/master/htmlreport/cppcheck-htmlreport

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)