[Geany-devel] Proposed patch to fix issues with command line file loading

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jan 28 22:31:46 UTC 2011

On 29 January 2011 04:24, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:29:22 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, but the patch never loads the project session from a project on
>> the command line since main_load_project_from_command_line is only
>> ever called with FALSE?
>
> Of course it loads them.
>
> TRUE -> project_load_file_with_session() -> project_load_file() +
> configuration_open_files()
> FALSE -> project_load_file() only
>
> Since load_startup_files() calls configuration_open_files() after
> required. The TRUE is for opening a project via socket.

Hmmm straightforward (not)...

>> > SciTE will do the same, and so will UltraEdit (the very old versions I
>> > used). If you want a permanent session, create a project.
>>
>> Need to support multiple default sessions. Too complicated??
>
> Now let's give these default sessions names, to be able to identify
> them, and files to be saved, of course, and a distinctive filename
> suffix, for example ".geany", and we end up with projects.
>
> You can create as many projects as you want to save file lists only,
> not related to any software (or other) projects. Name them "Default
> Session 1", "Default Session 2" etc. and that's it.

I meant multiple sessions open at once so that files don't
automatically add to the session (project) you have open.

For instance having to close the work project (session) I have open to
open Geany files to try (and fail) to trace project load patterns in a
patch.

And IMHO the session stuff needs to be separated from the project
stuff since the session is per user but things like build commands and
indents go with the source tree.